Thursday 25 June 2015

Day 6: Killarney.  As the doctor predicted, Peter is unable to travel further so we have had to withdraw from our tour. This has put me into a whole different world of Insurance and Customer Service Support team of Insight tours. The doctor hoped that the barrow load of drugs Peter is now taking will restore him to mobility so we can rejoin the tour in Galway in 3 days time. Miraculously the Killarney hotel can accommodate us until Saturday.
all my morning was taken up with arrangements for Peter, but in the afternoon I was able to go out and play. Our tour guide (the Welsh Dylan) had organised a team of 5 horses & carts (jarvies) to go out to meet the group returning from their Ring of Kerry tour and bring them back into town. One of these - Tim and his girl Judy - took me out to rendezvous with the group.
Tim has three sister, all nuns, who emigrated to NZ and live at the Holy Cross Seminary in Ponsonby where I go for Speech exams each year. So I know them!! One of life's little miracles, eh. Sure, sure.
Apparently the weather had been dreadful on the Ring of Kerry trip and the group could see nothing nor get out of the bus. For the horse and cart tour the weather was perfect.
at night I went with the group to another spectacular evening of Irish music, song and dance performed by world champion artists.
This morning I waved goodbye to my tour group. Today's goal is to get Peter out of bed, walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment