Sunday 21 June 2015

Day 2 in Dublin. After a fiendish night with Peter battling manflu, we met the coach which will be our home for the next 11 days + our tour boss. Fortunately today was only a half day tour of Dublin. There was the option of another tour this afternoon but Peter was a basket case so we have returned to our hotel.
We were given given time in the Trinity College library to join the queues of tourists viewing the Book of Kells written over 1000 years ago.
My huge relief was to be able to use my 2 credit cards and the cash passport none of which worked yesterday. What with Peter's cold and no cash access yesterday was indeed a very bad start to this trip.
Tonight I have booked myself into a dinner & Irish cabaret. An "excellent dinner of quality Irish food accompanied by a nonstop show of comedy, dance, song and Ireland's musical history" might be just the tonic.
Hopefully I'll report back tomorrow. I still will have to put any photos on FB due to digital incompetence.

No comments:

Post a Comment