Wednesday 24 June 2015

Day 4: Cork -Killarney
I actually wrote all this up in great detail and sent it to you last night but omitted to push Save first so you missed out on it all. Now I've been locked out of FB so you're not getting that contact either.
I'll do a condensed version of our side trip to Cobh which was the last port of call of the Titanic. There is a superb Heritage Centre including a tribute to the sinking of the Lusitania. I will try to put photos onto FB when/I gain access later in the day.
We then drove into Europe's oldest trading covered food market located in Cork itself. Anything at all edible is to be found there.
And so on to the ruined Blarney Castle before crossing the Derrynasaggart Mountains to Killarney.
Day 5: Ring of Kerry Experience.
Well for us it was the Find A Doctor Experience.  After half an hour with an elderly retired doctor and a pharmacist both of whom were hilariously full of the blarney we left with half the pharmacy and the recommendation to me that if that didn't cure Peter then I was to shoot him. You'll read of the outcome in the Herald. Peter has been advised to rest for a couple of days and then join the tour later on. I'll confirm with our tour guide tonight on their return as to the practicality of that suggestion.will reach anyone trying to follow our saga.
Now I'll save this so that hopefully it

No comments:

Post a Comment