Monday 26 June 2017

Vancouver: The day we won the Americas Cup!

I found a brochure for the Tsawwassen Mills Outlet Mall and thought that could be my sort of fun - a change from Beavers and Otters anyhow. Peter kindly came too just to keep me company. On the hour long coach trip the Cup coup came through . We then discovered there were a couple of Kiwis behind us because the cheers were far louder than we could create. None of the other passengers could understand our noise but one guy, when he discovered where we were from wisely deduced we must have won the rugby. All through the day and in the restaurant tonight nobody had heard of the yacht race . Can you believe that? However they HAD heard of NZ so that's an improvement .
We had a choice of returning to the CBD at 2.30 or 5.30 so of course I chose the former because of poor Peter. Well, forget that. At 2.00 HE went to the desk and changed our booking to 5.30. He shopped till I dropped. I was the one who kept looking for somewhere to sit and wait. It was a vast single level version of the Onehunga Outlet complex only 10 months old and beautifully  presented.
I forgot to tell you that Vancouver is the home of the new lululemon which has just come to Aucland. Head office is here and Mr Lemon himself owns a pad worth $120 mil just down the road. Hasn't he done well for himself. I bet he was a school dropout.
My feet are throbbing!

2 comments:

  1. And by the way, we clocked up 20689 steps today.
    No wonder the peds are squealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely you bought something too!!

    ReplyDelete