Friday 23 June 2017

Vancouver: Day 4
Well, what a day that's been. The locals call it a heat wave and I actually got to take my jacket off. 😎 Vancouver is a small city surrounded by mountains which are still snowy so it's no wonder there's a chill in the air. This morning we did our walk down to the waterfront, Canada Place, which is comparable to our Viaduct Basin .I left Peter with 22 floatplanes while I went in search of a hairdresser. It's Friday you see. I finished up in the grandest of hotels which I knew would be ridiculously expensive. However I went in and asked. They had only just opened at 11.00 and found they had no hot water. The client with the first appointment wouldn't stay but I didn't  care so I got a free hairdo and made a friend with girl who did it. I find out so much from hairdressers. They know all the local gossip. Walked back to Peter who was equally happy with his morning's activity .
After a sumptuous lunch in the sunshine on the waterfront we booked one Beaver city flight for 5.pm and another to fly to Vancouver Island next Tuesday. Then off to find how to get onto the sea shuttle across to Lonsdale Quay on the North Shore. All so similar to Devonport only they have a thriving market there which is well worth exploring .
Then back on the shuttle to wait for our Beaver flight. Peter will be putting so many photos on fb. It was absolutely perfect for us especially after Luke and Laura  had taken us for that wonderful tour last night. We knew what we were flying over.  And then to cap it all off one of the huge Alaskan Cruise boats was making her way out so we made a very low pass over her as we were coming in to land. (To sea)
To celebrate all that we needed wine and nibbles at Canada Place.
Yes, I think we've settled into the swing of it now.

1 comment:

  1. Yes their waterfront and the facilities are great and if it is the same market and I guess it is - it is quite remarkable - so much variety and the food stalls (and sweets) were incredible. Loved their rail stations - underground from memory - and clean and swift.

    ReplyDelete